So I hope this blog makes some sense to you.... I trying to write it in the living room while Katie has "Julie and Julia" blasting away in the background..... WHAT A STUPID MOVIE!!!!
"Oh look, I learned how to cook, I wrote a book and now I am leaving my husband" (ok - I realize that last part did not rhyme and that it was not in the movie.... but it is still true).
Obviously the very fact that I know anything about this movie shows that I live with three women who out vote me when we go to rent movies. The last "man movie" I saw was Rambo (like part one when I was like 13).
The poor husband in this stupid movie is sooooo supportive.... and then..... blam.... he gets the shaft. What is up with that???? Poor Eric!!! :(
Now if this was a movie about a chick who was bored with her life and then decided to go out and buy a Harley... then it might have at least some merit.
Although, I will admit that I like Amy Adams' voice..... it is very soothing.
Now that I have offended every female who reads this blog..... :)
________
Last night I said that I thought that my new motorcycle tire would cost me about $200...... so this is the quiz.... it is an "over/under"...... higher or lower that $200..... what is your guess?
_______
I mentioned too that we saw Jerry Seinfeld last month. Here is one of the jokes that I remember.....
I am married now. I still have some single friends, but I can't hang out with them. My single buddies think they understand what being married is like - but they don't. They are all like, “Well I have a
girlfriend and we have been dating for three years. That is like being married, right?"
Ya right.... it is almost exactly the same except you’re playing paintball and I'M TAKING LIVE FIRE IN IRAQ OVER HERE!!!! :)
(For some reason Sari doesn't think that joke is as funny as I do.... I am not sure why) :)
_____
And lastly, the story....
The people at the Hospital have been telling us "clergy" that because of a bunch of new privacy regulations we need to get over there and get new security badges. If we don't we may be banned from the hospital.
So the other day I called the "Badge lady" and made an appointment to see her. When I arrive at her office she says, "Ok - write down exactly how you want your name to be spelled on the badge".... so I did that.
Then she said, "Sit down over here and I will take your picture"..... so I did that.
Then she looked at the paper, typed my name into her computer and printed my new security pass as quickly and as painlessly as can be.
The only problem: I had never met her before..... She did not ask to see any ID... She had no proof that I work for the "Church of Christ" or that one even exists in our town.
It was absolutely bizarre!!!!
But you are all safe now..... I have security clearance! ;)
1 comment:
Katie has "Julie and Julia"
K no idea what that is.
"Oh look, I learned how to cook, I wrote a book and now I am leaving my husband" (ok - I realize that last part did not rhyme and that it was not in the movie.... but it is still true).
How do you even know any of this stuff ?
Obviously the very fact that I know anything about this movie shows that I live with three women
You took the words right out of my mouth.
The poor husband in this stupid movie
I was thiking poor YOU :-)
I like Amy Adams' voice..... it is very soothing.
Again no idea who that is !! Oh wait is she a Pit Reporter on Speeed Channel ???
I think you told me the cost so I not doing the quiz.
And that was my favorite joke as well. Maybe also the only one I remember as well but ....
Post a Comment