Thursday, October 20, 2011

A sad day, quiz answer and other stuff

I just about cried when I heard this.....

NORTH BATTLEFORD BACON PLANT TO CLOSE IN 2013

Can you imagine????? What is wrong with people????? Less bacon is not a good thing!!!

If I had to vote for the two best foods, they would be Bacon and Potatoes.... and not necessarily in that order.

In fact, how can you tell that bacon is the best food out there?????  Because they use it to make other foods better.  Order a burger, "Do you want bacon on that?" (No one ever asks, "Would you like Broccoli on your burger?")  You can buy steaks wrapped in bacon!  You can even buy little "bits" of bacon to make salads and other awful things stomach-able.  

So - in honor of bacon's awesomeness - here are the "t-shirts of the day" (dee dooo daaa daaah dee do.... you are writing your own theme songs for "T-shirt of the day" from now on)


____
An update:  I saw an interview with Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo this morning.... guess what he said about his very slow start to the season..... "Well - it is what it is I guess" (I am telling you - boycott this phrase with your life.... see previous post if you are confused)

I will update the "It is what it is" count as the weeks go on.
_____
And lastly today...... someone (anonymous) wrote in with the correct answer..... Colbie Caillat was passed over by "American Idol" twice and now she is selling records like crazy.   Apparently, the female singer of the group "Lady Antebellum" was passed over too.  Which just goes to prove that it is not always about talent... sometimes it is all about timing and getting a break.

I have often said that about hockey players, etc.  It is not necessary the best player that makes it.  Sometimes it has to do with timing.  If you get drafted by a team that has a lot of goal scorers - and you are a goal scorer... you may not make it.  If you happen to be a checker, you may make it.  

I remember Brett Hull in his "Hall of Fame" speech a few years ago saying something like, "Who knows who the best hockey player in the world is???  There are probably a lot of working class guys playing rec hockey who could have played in the NHL and maybe made the Hall too - they just did not get the chance". 

So the next time you think you are a failure.... listen to some Colbie Caillat and smile.... life is not over just because someone says you can't do something.  Maybe they are wrong.
____
Ps.  Dear anonymous.... thanks for answering my trivia question, but I am curious/need more detail:  Did you know the answer or did you look it up? (I stumbled across it on Wikipedia one day)   And who are you... I cannot award the prize unless you claim it. 

Ok - have a happy Friday everyone!!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know it before hand, your question made me curious so I had to go look it up.

I am certain I must be missing out on a great prize by not posting my name. You can make the cheque out to Mr. E.