Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Quiz, a statement and "T-shirt of the day" (14 of 30)

The quiz: 
Name the current top 40 pop music artist and former Grammy winner who was rejected by "American Idol" - twice!!!  (Not even getting to see the judges the first year and then having them pass in the second).
_____
The statement:
If there is a phrase that needs to be dragged outside and taught a lesson, it has to be... "It is what it is".   I was watching SportsCentre the other day and I have come to realize that this is now the go to phrase for every coach and every athlete in every situation...... especially when they have no idea what else to say.

"Coach - how did your team blow a 54 point lead with 23 seconds left to go in the 4th quarter?"

"Well, we tried hard, gave a 110%, left it all on the field,  no regrets , but I guess it is what it is".

Henry Burris, of the Calgary Stampeders, used this phrase about 7 times in a  2 minute interview the other day.   He was trying to explain why he played so poorly the last little while and why he has been benched and all he seemed to come up with was,  "Blah... blah.... blah.... it is what it is.... blah.... blah.... it is what it is.... blah".

Anyway - I am urging a boycott of this phrase.... but I doubt it will help..... but that is ok .....  it is what it is I guess
______

T-shirt of the day (da dah dah dah dee dee da.... new theme music)


And a bonus t-shirt (dee dee daa da .... well you can sing the rest yourself)


Ok - that is it for today!  Thanks for your input to the "serious blog" Susanna.  Anyone else?

And - don't forget - take a guess at the top 40 pop singer that "Idol" totally missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Colbie Caillat