This is the first summer I can ever remember when that has happened.
To make matters worse, other than the little loop I did behind the house to make sure it was ready to go, I did not ride my mountain bike at all this summer either. Like - not - once!
There was a time in my life that if I did not play baseball or ride my bike it would have meant that I was dead!
When I was in my early 20s., I remember watching older guys who said things like, "I used to play ball but....." and think "What on earth is wrong with you????"
AND NOW I AM ONE OF THE OLD GUYS!!!! A geezer!!!! A gummer!!!! (Sniff, sniff!!!)
So here is my plan....... I am going into training!! I am going to run 10 kms/day..... ride my bike for another 7...... then play squash...... three rounds of Frisbee golf (All summer I kept saying I was going to go play on Estevan's new Frisbee golf park but no one would go with me)..... and I am going to walk the dog three times per day.
Then again, all this typing has made me sort of tired. I think I will just go and watch some TV. I don't want to over do it. I am getting old, ya know? :)
On a serious note: If you are interested in playing squash this winter, let me know. All my squash buddies moved away and I am looking to start playing again.
PS. I am a very gracious winner...... I may need to work on the losing part some. :)
_______________
Hey - you likely saw this on the internet somewhere already, but I am re-posting it just in case you missed it.
To be clear, I am not a Jimmy Kimmel fan. In fact, I never watch talk shows at all. However, I think this is interesting.
It says something about wanting to belong, or the power of suggestion or something. Have a look.
No comments:
Post a Comment