For the past few days, my neck has been really sore! Like.... "REALLY SORE"!!!!
I knew I had a problem when I couldn't turn my head from side to side or move it up and down (I am so in tune with my body that I pick up on subtle clues like that.... I am smart that way!)
Now, I have a high pain threshold. I honestly can't remember the last time I took pain medication for anything. In fact, I can't remember the last time I took a pill of any kind. I just don't like pills.
However, I was starting to consider taking something on Sunday morning when lifting my head off the pillow hurt so much I almost threw up!
Then Sari said something so crazy that I looked at her like she was speaking Swahili...... "Why don't you go to the chiropractor?"
Pppppffffffftttttt!!!!!!! Chiropractor!!!! What is he gonna do for a sore neck or vertebrae that are out of place???????!!!!
Then she said something even more ridiculous...... "You are scared to go the chiropractor aren't you?"
I turned to look at her (well - actually I turned my entire body because if I turned my head I would cry) and said....... "NO! I am not scared!!!! I just have never been to one before and I don't know what happens and feel a little uncomfortable and worried about it..... But I am not SCARED!"
Many years ago, I was playing hockey and crashed into the end boards so hard that my ribs hurt for a month and I could not move my head for 2 weeks! Did I go to the chiropractor then? NO! And that hurt way worse than this, so why would I go now? (Am I right?)
So - You will be proud (?) to know that I stood my ground against all this chiropractor silliness!
It only took like 5 days of excruciating pain (sometimes it shot right down my right arm).... being unable to shoulder check while driving (sorry if you got cut off by a little Ford Ranger - Ooops!).... and not being able to sleep at night (I haven't been able to sleep past 5 am for the past 2 days because my neck seized up like a pretzel) ...... but today I feel great! I can even turn my head (approximately 17 degrees) and I can almost look up (kinda - if I lean back a bit)!
The important thing here is that my streak is still alive. What streak is that you ask? Well, it all depends. It is either....
a. My streak of being being able to tough out any kind of pain until it ends
b. My streak of never having been to a chiropractor in my life
c. My streak of being completely stupid in such a way that causes me to put up with a lot of unnecessarily bad circumstances that could be fixed in a very short time - if I wasn't so stubborn
You choose! (I'll give you one guess which one Sari voted for) :(
No comments:
Post a Comment