Today has been a busy day. I taught three classes at church and had several good visits with people. The I went out to the speedway and helped with the annual enduro (an endurance race with what amounts to demolition derby cars - it is a good time!).
Sadly I left my phone at home so I have no enduro pics to share.
So let me share this with you.
By nature, I am not an alarmist. I am not normally a "The sky is falling!" sort of dude. That especially applies to the studies that say, "This product (whatever it is) can give you cancer!"
Every other day some new study comes out that tells you to avoid things like: white bread, sugar, fat, barbecued meat and guys named Sven - to name only a few.
Now, it is not that I don't believe the reports. In fact, it is likely true that some of those things are bad for you in many ways. It is just that I figure that if you were to avoid everything that you were ever told to avoid then you would do nothing and go nowhere. We are so overly safety conscious that if we were to listen to all the warming it would be impossible to live.
Take for instance this study that has concluded that "household dust" is cancer causing. Apparently, toxic chemicals leach out of the air and settle in the dust on your piano and if you lick the piano long enough you will die!
Maybe now you will think twice before using an unprotected finger to write "Dust me" on your favorite piece of furniture!
No comments:
Post a Comment