Tuesday, September 27, 2016

It is so sad when they Leaf (Blog 17 of 30)

So everyone keeps asking, "Is the house really quiet with the girls gone?  How are you doing?"

Truth be told, I miss having them around.  Some days more than others.  Take today for example.

When I got home, Sari had raked all the leaves in the front yard into several large piles. It was then my job to come along with the leaf blower, suck them all up, put the mulched remains in bags and tote them away.

As I stood there looking at the leaf piles, I got thinking about the girls.  I remember the first time I piled up a big bunch of leaves and told them to jump into it.  At first they did not want to, but after a while they thought it was a hoot.

In fact, they had so much fun that, in later years, they would help rake the leaves in a pile just so that they could jump in it.

Then, a few more years after that, they would actually go out and rake all the leaves themselves just so they could jump in them.

So, with all that in mind today I could not stop thinking...... 

"You gotta love kids!!  They are so easy to trick!  Who on earth really thinks that jumping in leaves is fun?  And now they are off enjoying themselves and  I am stuck here doing all this boring work myself!"

Sometimes I really miss them!  (Sniff)  :)

No comments: