Saturday, September 10, 2016

The Empty Nest Files (Blog 1 of 30)

It has happened!  As of September, Sara and I are officially "Empty Nesters"!!!!

I know what you are thinking..... we are too young..... too full of life..... too good looking for our kids to be grown and gone - but the universe is full of mystery!  :)

So, since we don't have the money for a mid-life crisis...... divorce would be super messy..... and there is no way Sari could do hard time in prison for murdering me (I am pretty certain that they don't sever Chai Lattes in the slammer.... or is it the big house???..... the pokey????  What is the current term these days???) I think we are going to have to stay together and try to manage without the kids.

While we all still really enjoy hanging out together, truth be told, I think that the kids actually enjoy living in the big city and acting like adults.   There is a certain freedom in being able to go to some snobby restaurant where you pay five times as much for half the food that you would get at the Husky in Estevan.

And - from our side - it is interesting to have the house to ourselves ("Interesting" as in I came home the other day and told Sari that we had to turn the radio on because it was like a morgue around here).

Actually, one day Sari did say, "Don't tell the kids, but not having them around all the time makes me feel like we are teenagers again!"   

I think what she meant was that we are broke and I get all awkward and nervous when I am alone with her.  :)

We have never been parents that have said, "We can't wait till the kids are gone".  In fact, we have always said that every stage along the way has been fun and I expect this one will be too.

Here, then, are the first ever "first day of school" pictures that were not taken in our back yard.

We love you girls!  Have a great year! (And bring mom a $10 chai latte sometime when you come home)




No comments: