I do not believe in good luck.... bad luck.... curses..... Voo doo.... hexes..... all that stuff is hooey to me.
However, I will admit that at the end of July - when the highlights of the month were camping in torrential rain storms.... broken tent poles.... ruined holidays.... and three inches of flood water in my basement - I actually said, "Ok! I don't know who has done what that was wrong, but it is time to stop!" Someone was obviously being punished for something!
Now - other than the time that our transmission went out on our SUV in the middle of our family holiday - most of my misfortune has happened during times that I have been with my aforementioned brother "Lenny"..... mostly on bike trips.
The rest of the time, my life is pretty good - and I am generally a very nice guy - so it was an easy deduction that Lenny was the issue!
I was wrong! It is me!
The final piece of proof came today.
For several years, I have been planning to go to the stock car races in Williston, North Dakota. Not a real lofty goal or grand dream, I will admit. Not much of a stretch. They race every other week. Williston is only an hour and half from my house. No big deal.
So, at our speedway meeting Monday night, someone mentioned that they were racing in Williston this weekend and I thought, "I should go!"
I checked their schedule and it was a double-header (Friday/Saturday) and I thought, "I should go!"
I checked the weather and it is going to be beautiful and I thought, "I should go!"
I mentioned it to Sara and she said, "You should go!"
I called my buddy Shady Shane to see if he was interested and he said, "We should go!"
So I decided "I am going!"
I was really looking forward to it. After a fair amount of frustration this summer, this was going to be a fun night!
Then - today - I checked the Williston Basin Speedway Facebook page and see a note that says, "Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are cancelling the double-header races this weekend!"
The Williston Basin Speedway has been running races every other Saturday night since the earth was cooling with no issues or problems........ BUT ON THE ONE NIGHT OUT OF THE 26 YEARS THAT I HAVE LIVED HERE THAT I DECIDE TO GO TO THEIR RACES - THEY CANCEL!!!!
Obviously I am the problem!
So, rather than fight it..... I am going to offer my services to others.
Have an old boyfriend who was a jerk and you want to get revenge? Hire me to become his buddy and watch his life fall apart!
A business partner rip you off? Pay me to go hang around over at his place (Just keep the fire department on speed dial - if you get my drift).
Want to see a neighboring town's rodeo rained out? Send me!
It's either that or I need to figure out what I have done wrong and stop it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment