Saturday, March 13, 2010

Good and Bad (16 of 30)

I am mostly a hermit - some people get "recharged" when they are with a bunch of people - some get "discharged"...... I am sort of in-between I guess. There are times when I like events and crowds of people and hub-bub.... but then I also like being by myself once in a while.

As I said yesterday, the girls are in Regina so today I hid. I hardly answered the phone. I didn't go out of my way to spend time with people - in fact I spent most of the day in my garage working on my motorcycle by myself - and it was really nice - mostly.

By the end of the day, I was calling Regina to see what was going on - it is getting a little quiet down here.

So I guess it is good to find a balance. I have enjoyed being alone - the quiet - the "no demands" from anyone (church people or otherwise)..... and yet I am looking forward to church tomorrow and to my girls being home. That will be nice too.
____
Hey - as I was driving around today I heard one of my favorite CBC shows - it is called "The Debaters". Basically - they take two stand up comics and make them "debate" (though not seriously of course) some issue of the day. I will not try to relate any of it to you (some stuff you just have to hear for yourself) but if you are into podcasts, you may want to check it out. I won't vouch for the cleanliness of all the material (I have not heard every show) but the ones that I have heard have been fun-ny! If you need a laugh, cbc.ca

No comments: