So a buddy named Paul and I play squash every Monday night and last week we both broke strings on our racquets...... apparently they don't make racquets for MEN anymore! :)
Anyway - they aren't worth restringing (too expensive compared to a new one) and buying one in town is a rip off, so I got my brother Kurt (aka Lenny)to go to Sportchek in Moose Jaw and buy whatever they had on sale (they always have racquets on sale). He was going to see me at a camp board meeting on the weekend and could give it to me there.
So when he called and gave me my options.... I got him to buy the $40 one that was on sale for $19 with the thinking that I am breaking one per month so why not go with the cheap one(I have bought expensive ones in the past and found that they break at about the same frequency).
I got looking at the thing before I went to play tonight and here one the front it is endorsed by a couple of squash players.... in fact, the number 2 and number 3 ranked players in the world. That got me thinking.....
WHO GETS THE NUMBER 2 AND NUMBER 3 RANKED PLAYERS TO ENDORSE YOUR PRODUCT????? Doesn't this just mean the the really good player - the guy that whips these other two bozos all the time - refused to endorse this racquet????? Why would I want to use the racquet that is in the hand of the loser when he plays this other better dude?????? Is that something to brag about..... "We are not that bad - I mean - at least a couple of guys who know the best player in the world like our racquet!"
I just don't think that is that impressive.
In a related note: Paul and I had a very close game tonight..... if only I had that number 1 guy's racquet. I guess you get what you pay for right? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment