Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tell us where to go (30 of 30)


So Sari and I spent most of the day discussing where we are going on vacation this summer (this discussion usually begins in Feb sometime - when I am getting very stir crazy from being trapped inside and continues until she threatens to kill me - sometime around now usually).

Today we discussed..... two family reunions (one at Kenosee Lake and the other in Bozeman, Montana) - the Oregon coast and the scenic highway that runs the length of it (we almost booked hotel rooms there today) - the Black Hills (looked at lots of campgrounds and attractions) - Clear Lake/Brandon..... we even talked about going to Oungre (For those who don't know - Oungre is a small town about 30 minutes west of here..... population of 13..... seriously! There is a little regional park near the town that has a swimming pool, etc.... we were joking that maybe we should just go out there, set up the trailer and forget the rest of the summer)

So we are a little confused and in need of some help. We are locked into the reunions - but are looking for ideas on how to spend the other two weeks of holidays that we may be able to squeeze into this summer..... we are going to be in Montana for sure.... likely going to Glacier National Park....... give us some options! (Come on people - we obviously can't do this ourselves if we talked about it all day and then only came to the conclusion that we would go to the reunions that we already knew that we were going to)

Fortunately I did find a stock car track nearby and they are racing on the weekend that we will be there. Would it be bad form for me to show up on the Friday - say mid-afternoon - then leave at like 6 pm so that I could make it to the track - watch the races and come back at say 11 pm? (comment below - yes/no and rational behind your answer)

---
We did not spend all day in the house talking about this though..... Since it was a relatively nice day we took the dog out to Boundary Dam and took a big walk along the beach. B/c the water is way down at this point (they let some water out to accommodate the Spring run off into the dam) you can walk for a good mile (or more) in either direction from the main beach along the side of the water. It was really nice - sunny - quiet - etc. We explored all kinds of rocks, drift wood, the odd fish or crayfish part that had washed on shore, talked to a fisherman, met his dog, climbed some trees, threw stones in the water, tried to see who could leap the farthest from rock to rock - it was nice!

----
You may notice that this is "30 of 30" - actually I think it is almost "60 of 60" (but I think I took a couple of days off in between the two 30 day blogging stretches) - so that means two things.....

1) I have no life outside of this town!!!! I have been home so much that I can blog for 60 nights in a row and not miss one?????? COME ON!!!!! :)

2) I am not committing to blogging every night for the next little while..... I am not quitting (so please keep checking back). I will commit to not letting it go for more than two straight days (unless I miraculously get to leave town for an extended period of time) but I may not blog every day. I do like the pressure of someone expecting something of me (even if that someone is just me) so I will try to do the "at least every other day" thing.

Thanks for reading - thanks for your comments - and thanks for being our buddies (or our relatives who don't really have any choice as to whether they read this or not - it is in their contract). Bye! :)

1 comment:

Davis Family said...

My Mom was born in Ounger (I think).

But, come visit us! Seriously - there is so much to do around here its ridiculous!