Friday, March 12, 2010

Odd stuff (15 of 30)

I was reading an article on Nascar.com today about a man who (in part) helped get Las Vegas Motor Speedway up and running..... so then I went to "Google Maps" and looked up where the speedway is located... then I found out where "The Strip" is .... then I wondered where "Caesars Palace" was because Evel Knievel jumped the fountains there (or sort of did - he jumped it and then crashed hard - video on Youtube)..... then that all lead me to this question.........

Why is there no apostrophe in "Caesars Palace"...... should it not be "Caesar's Palace"?

The answer: No! (And here is why)......

(From Wikipedia).... "[Jay] Sarno felt that guests should feel they were at a king's home while at his hotel. It is called "Caesars" and not "Caesar's" because every guest is a Caesar."

So there! You can't say you did not learn anything today! (And - if you are interested - write back and I can give you lots more useless facts re. the speedway, Evel Knievel, fountains in general and a bunch of other things)
____
The girls are in Regina tonight without me..... so I did what any red blooded Canadian male would do when his women are gone...... I put up a tire rack in my garage - went to Weyburn for a hockey game - and got thrown out of Tim Horton's when they closed at 11 pm. Wooooooo - what a wild night!!!!! I AM LIVING THE DREAM!!!!! :)

Here is a picture of the tire rack I installed (It is not my picture - not my garage - just a similar one - I may post the real one tomorrow - assuming it is still hanging on the wall - it is heavy!)

3 comments:

Crystal Quilliams said...

We stayed at Ceasers palace, it is in the middle of the strip. It was great staying there this past time. HUGE!!!

Lenny said...

So are you planning a trip there too as well as NY ?

TKP said...

Am I going???? NNNooooooo!!!!

The more I hear about Vegas the less I want to go there. Seriously - I know there is a lot to see and do.... but I also know that there is a lot there to see and do that I should not be seeing and should not be doing.

I just don't think that my conscience would allow me to spend my money and time there, even if it is just for a cheap flight and hotel room to get to a NASCAR race.

I would rather go to Kansas (or somewhere close) if I was going to another race. I was just looking to see where things were - that is all.