Last night we were at Wal-mart and I while I was wandering around I found an anniversary edition of "Apollo 13" for like $10.
Listen - do yourself a favor - go and buy one. Even though it is quite old (it was an academy award winner in 1995) Katie and I just watched it and it is still really good (Sari and Megan were not so interested so they watched something else). I was reminded about a bunch of stuff that I had forgotten about that mission and Katie asked 39903486934860936096898 questions along the way (I counted) and learned a ton about the "space race", moon landings and (shockingly enough) History!!! (If you believe that they actually went to the moon and did not record the whole thing in a movie studio like Tom Hanks did in this one). We both thought it was great.
The best part is that it is a two disc set - so the second one is about about the making of the movie, about the space race, about what happened to the guys afterwards etc. I think I will put that on the schedule for tomorrow sometime if I get the chance.
Anyway - that is it. Go to Wal-mart and get one or borrow mine sometime. You will not regret it (and unlike a lot of movies - you will learn something).
No comments:
Post a Comment