Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Worth Bookmarking (20 of 30)

I like knowing things whether I will ever use the info or not.... if you are like me then bookmark this site......

http://www.thenightskyguy.com/

It is one of the best sites that I have found if you are interested in stars, planets and whatever else is up there. It has articles, things to watch for, videos, warnings about upcoming events (like meteor showers, etc) - it is really interesting.

The guy who hosts it is the same guy that you see on the Weather Network from time to time. He is very non-technical and makes things easy to understand.

I have always wanted to get into astronomy (mostly because it would give me an excuse to creep around in the dark) - but in spite of the fact that I have several books on the subject - it was just too confusing. This makes it easy.

So the next time someone asks - "What is that bright star up there?" - you can tell them "It is not a star - it is Venus, you dope!!"

Your friends will be impressed! :)

No comments: