Megan was playing over at a friend's house tonight - so when I went to get her I sent Katie to the door. Soon Katie was back saying, "Debbie (the mom) wants you to come in and meet someone".
So I get out of the truck thinking, "What is this about?" Go inside and she introduces me to two friends of hers from college. I say hi and then the man says, "You have a church of Christ background right?" I said, "yes" - so he says, "Do you know a guy named Ed - he is a truck driver from the Church of Christ in Weyburn?" I think for a moment and say, "Oh - you mean Ed Roelfsema" and he goes "Ya! He and I grew up together and I have not seen him in 30 years. Way back then he changed one day and started going to church - so I went with him some". Then this guy went to university in S'toon where he met our friends that live in town.
So the guy goes on to say, "So - maybe you would know some of the people that we go to church with now..... Clint and Dawn Mitchell.... Mark Elford..... Lonnie Goodwin" - I said, "I have been to all their places and 1/2 my church is related to them!" Turns out that this guy is going on the trail ride that those guys organize... etc, etc. Anyway - it was cool to be able to swap stories with this guy and how knowing the same people makes you instant friends.
So I went shopping with Sari and the girls today - played in the garage a bit - the girls are getting ready for room painting and basement renos (spring must be around the corner). We are hoping for a nice day tomorrow - and the next day and the next and......
___
From Just for Laughs tonight......
"My wife does not understand my interest in Sports...... The other day she says to me..... Ok - so you went to the game in person ......then you came home and watched the highlights on Sportscentre....... then you got up the next day and watched the highlights on a different channel and then read about the game in three newspapers.......
WHAT? ARE YOU SLOW?????? AM I MARRIED TO A SIMPLETON???? YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED THE FIRST THREE TIMES????? THEY LOST!!!! THEY AREN'T COMING BACK..... GET OVER IT!!!!!!" :)
No comments:
Post a Comment