Sari was busy doing some paperwork applying for a grant on behalf of a group that she volunteers with, Megan was enjoying a rare day off and Katie did not come home this weekend, so that left me basically free all day..... So I spent it working in the garage.
Both Megan's and my truck got an oil change and greased up..... I took the battery out of my motorcycle and brought it into the house so it does not freeze.... then I moved stuff around so that I could park the bike in the corner for winter. Stuff has to placed in just the right place so that I can get two motorcycles, a snowblower, both vehicles and all my other junk in the garage over the winter. No point in having a garage if you can't park in it..... In the process, I sorted and tossed some junk.... I recycled the old oil and then played a little with one of my old motorcycles.
It was a great day! I love doing maintenance and tinkering on our vehicles... at least I do when things go well (it has not always... I have had incidents like breaking the carburetor on my 1979 Ford truck while trying to change the fuel filter - to mention one). Some days, playing in the garage is exactly what I want to do.... and today was one of those days.
Then I came inside and watched both the Riders and the Leafs get clobbered!!
Oh well! I guess expecting a perfect day is a little much.
-----------------
You may have noticed that I have started a new round of "30 Blogs in 30 Days" and you may wonder "Why bother numbering them???"
Well, I find that if I do not have a stated goal then it is easy just to not bother.
A buddy told me one time: "If you want to do something, tell someone else. That way it is harder to quit because someone will ask you about it".
So I am going to commit to writing every day (give or take) for the next month.
I hope you commit to coming back to read this stuff once in a while (otherwise it is sort of pointless)
No comments:
Post a Comment