Saturday, October 10, 2015

Blog 19: I thought I would be well rested

So I have not done anything since playing in a hockey tournament in March.

I did not ride my mountain bike more than twice all summer.

I did not run or swim or play football or baseball..... nothing!!!

So I should have been in great shape to play tennis today right?  Well rested and ready to go!

Well, that is not really the way it turned out.

I started off really slowly.... like super slow.... like "glacier" slow.  That got better as the day wore on, but it was what happened next that worried me.

When I got home, I started to cramp up.  No big deal. I expected to be sore.  However, then I started to feel super tired and sort of sick to my stomach.  I have had this happen before... one time while playing tennis when I did not have anything to drink and became dehydrated.... worst feeling in my life!!!  I thought I was going to die!  In fact, I crawled downstairs to where Megan was just in case I did die (I am not sure what she would have done, but it is nice to have a witness anyway)

Today was not that bad, but close. I did drink a lot, but not enough I guess.  Maybe I should have had something other than water (Poweraide maybe????).

Anyway, thankfully, I was saved by the turkey!!  I was feeling terrible until I started eating "Thanksgiving supper" and that revived me.

So I think I am going to come out with a new energy drink...... "Gravy-aide" (see how it sort of sounds like something else but isn't????  Huh????  No copyright infringement there!)

Or maybe I will just quit exercising altogether.  It's obviously not good for you!

No comments: