Monday, October 19, 2015

Blog 26: Voting and wa????

,
I like elections!  I like the whole process of voting and watching the results come in.  I am not naive enough to think that politics or politicians are going to change the world (it would be nice but in reality the situation that we are in sort of dictates what we do rather than the ideologies of the parties), but I still like the process.

In fact, I even like the "feeling" of voting.  There is something about participating in something that is bigger than yourself... something community oriented (or something like that). 

Anyway, I am not as crazy as some of my friends who are hosting "Election parties" complete with food, election-based games and endless analysis, but I am still super interested in the various ideas and approaches.

Elections are fun!

Good thing we are likely going to have a minority government!  Maybe we can have all this fun again in a few months!!!!  :)
__________
In other news:  I received a call today from someone saying that they were from the high school.  Apparently, they were trying to send us some super important information but they did not have our proper email address. 

So I gave them our home address......... and then...... NOTHING CAME!!!!!  (duh duh dah!!!!!)
So now I am thinking that it wasn't actually someone from the high school at all!!!! 

Maybe it was the paparazzi trying to get a bead on me.  Maybe I am gonna end up on the cover of the "National Enquirer".  (If I am, I hope it is not one of those "Look how bad this swimsuit looks on him" type pictures.  I am not sure whether my ego could take that!)

Or maybe it was a long lost Mafia connection trying to settle a score with my family.   Admittedly she sounded super nice and nothing like the Godfather dude.... but that could have been a clever cover to throw me off. 

Either way, something is happening!!!!!

And the girls tell me that I am stupid for closing the living room curtains at night so that the snipers can't get a clear shot at us.

Who looks stupid now?????  :)

No comments: