Sunday, October 11, 2015

Blog 20: Some Sports Questions

Have you seen this guy???

His name is Bruno and he is the Estevan Bruins mascot. On Friday night, I was standing around waiting for the game to start when Bruno came up behind me and started hugging me!  Like awkwardly hugging me.  So, I figured it had to be someone who knew me, so I asked who it was and he/she just walked away without saying anything.

I am not sure what to make of this.  Should I be flattered??  Creeped out????   Maybe Bruno just does not have proper social boundaries????  Maybe, if you are a bear, mauling someone is how you say "hi"???   Maybe he is just lonely.... though he looks perfectly happy in his picture.  Any advice on how to handle this situation would be helpful!

Secondly, I was looking through the program guides for TSN today and saw this.....
TSN3 is airing 2 hours of the University of Kentucky Men's Basketball practice.  WHAT!!!!  Are you kidding me????  This is what I am paying for????? 

I figured it had to be more than that, so I went and checked and..... nope!  It is what it says.... people doing commentary as the team practices.  I should mention that it included a very riveting scene where the coach called all the players together and talked to them for five minutes.... we could not hear it but we got to see it.... and we could hear the commentators speculating as to what they were talking about.  It was really something.

Up next on TSN...... "Washed Up"...... follow the Toronto Maple Leafs Jerseys as they go from the stinky "just worn in a game" pile to the washing machine and then on to the dryer and finally.... wait for it ..... the hangers in the locker room (brought to you by Tide).


No comments: