Getting: The Estevan Antique Auto Club held a "Swap meet/Flea Market" today and it was great for several reasons....
1. All the cheap prices of garage sales without having to (a) drive all over town and (b) not being the only one there. When I go to a garage sale and I am the only one there looking around, I feel bad if I don't buy anything. I always feel pressured to buy something, even if it is junk, just so that the seller feels better. Flea markets/swap meets are great because there are tons of people walking around so you can mix in with them and not feel so much pressure.
2. It is a social event. It took me more than hour just to make the first lap around the place b/c I kept running into people to visit with.
3. Of course, everything is cheap. Look at this pile that I bought......
4 L of motorcycle oil..... in store $6 x 4 = 24
A repair manual for Megan's truck.... in store $35
A choke cable for my Enduro car (I needed one)...... maybe (what?).... $25-30
A leather carpenter's belt...... retail $35
My total cost at the Swap Meet....... $11 (I am just glad that Sari is out of town b/c we would have spent a lot more than that!)
Giving: I did an interview for a video that will be shown at the Estevan Motor Speedway awards banquet. They interviewed a few of us..... here is Aaron Turnbull doing his.....
It was a fun experience. Can't wait to see how it turned out.

No comments:
Post a Comment