Monday, October 26, 2015

Blog 3: A Small World and Gross!!!!

Two kid stories tonight....

Many years ago, when I first moved here there was a young family in the church that I hung out with a lot.  They had four little kids that I liked very much.

One day when I was at their house, the youngest (who will remain nameless to protect the innocent) was watching a Bugs Bunny cartoon in which Bugs dressed up like Elmer Fudd and knocked on the door of his house.  When Elmer opened the door, he thought that the person standing there was his "Uncle Louis" and said (in his Elmer accent)....  "Well, if it isn't Uncle Wooie".   The youngest boy in the family thought that this was really funny (he was about 2 at the time) so I started calling him "Wooie".  In fact, until they moved away several years later (and beyond) I never used his real name... he was Wooie!

Fast forward about 20 years or more...... As part of one of Katelyn's courses, she has to spend some hours volunteering in Regina, so she chose an outreach centre that works with those who need some help.  I will give you one guess who she is working with..........  :)

I challenged her to walk in the first day - having never met this guy in her life - and go "Wooie!!!!" just to see what would happen.

Well talked to him today and told him that she was supposed to call him Wooie. Apparently he seemed confused for a minute but then he got it.  :)

It is a small world really.
_____________
The Megan story is one you may not want to follow right to the end especially if you are a bit squeamish......

For years, Megan has been interested in "Movie make-up" type stuff.  She watches shows where people create costumes and she has even tried creating some of her own stuff.  So when she heard that the public library was putting on a "Halloween make-up" thingy bobber...... she had to go..... here is the result (Remember, I warned you.........)


Have a good week!  :)

4 comments:

jerms said...

lots of good memories from back in the "wooie" days. a lot of them involve watching you and my dad play crokinole, or rod hockey or table tennis. good times! pretty cool that Katelyn gets to work with Wooie all these years later.

TKP said...

Playing and coaching hockey together was a lot of fun too. Those were fun days! :)

jerms said...

haha. that reminds me of your pig tie that you wore in one of the team photos. still have it?

TKP said...

I do still have the pig tie! Sara has tried to throw it out a few times but I won't let her. :)