Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Bring back the "Drop in" (15 of 33)

I am starting a campaign - a campaign to bring back the "drop in". I do not like the fact that people think that they need an invitation to go to someone's home and visit. I do not like the fact that we (Sari and I) act as though we need to plan for a week before we have someone over for an evening.

Sara's aunt and uncle dropped in at our place (they actually came to work - they came to help me insulate my garage - but I was not that interested in doing that tonight) so we just invited them in for coffee - and it was really nice. We have been talking forever about having them over (and many other people are on that list too) but just never seem to find the time to do it.

So - if you need one - here is your open invitation......... "Drop in on us". Call us on the spur of the moment and tell us that you are coming over or that you want us to come over. We usually are not as busy as we think we are. You may not get a perfectly clean house or a huge spread of food (though thanks to Sara our house is always clean and there is always something good to eat) - but I guarantee that you will get a nice visit and we will be happy that came.

Can we work at bringing back the "old time neighbourliness"? (is that a word?) Can we get over having to impress each other with stuff and show? Can we just enjoy hanging out together when we get a chance? I think so.

So - when are you coming over? :)

No comments: