Monday, November 03, 2008
A love like that Post # 14 0f 33
Since Tim is on a binge of blogging, I thought we could include a little sappiness. Everyday something insignificant happens at our house but every time it does I smile a warm smile and then forget about it. You may have heard Tim rant about our dog Murphy and go on and on about how he does not like him. Murphy is our third kid. Well we make him eat from a bowl on the ground and sleep in a cage(kennel) but in a lot of ways he is one of the kids. He may not be all Tim expected in a dog and well sometimes you get what you get. A dog is only as good as his owner. But Murphy could change the world if he we could bottle how he feels about me. Every time he is outside and then is let in, he races all over the house looking for me. Last week I began to hide until he could find me, just to see how long he would look for me. He did not rest until he did. And when he finds me he does his part to perpetuate the stereotypical tail wagging, happy dance, dog we are so fond of. And I smile and think ahhhh my dog likes me. What if we all greeted each other this way.....with so much enthusiasm and unconditional loyalty. What if we did not stop until we found each other. What if when we did find each other, we knew we were loved just because we were found. I like my dog and that is reason #1. He "knows" how to be a great celebrator, at least with me he does. Anyway I may not blog often in this goal to reach 33 but maybe we/I can only stand so much mush. Hope you have someone like Murphy in your life who lets you know you are the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ahhhh....Brutus does the same thing with me. It does feel kind of nice don't it, unless you are in the bathroom doing your business and they want to be up on your lap, NOT cool!
I agree, that would be nice for us all to feel like that from eachother. We need to do this more as a family. Take Care, CQ
I hope that you do not have someone in your life that barks every time you come home (though you live here every day), wets himself when he gets scared (which is pretty much all the time), leaves dog hair all over the place so that 1/2 way through each meal you find a little reminder of him, who costs a pile of money and contributes little to nothing to our family happiness (well - I guess Sari's post says that he brings some happiness - but NOT TO ME!!!!). Ugh! :)
Only 1 hour and 15 minutes left to post Tim ... I come here every night to see what you write ... don't let me down :)
Post a Comment