Thursday, November 20, 2008

An Experiment (31 of 33)

I hate Facebook!!

I have stated this before, but let me recap..... since Facebook came along, 93.39096 % of people have abandoned their blogs. No one writes on them and no one reads them (good for you for showing up here, by the way - way to go). As well, I believe that Facebook's format creates short, useless "conversations" - unlike the witty, intelligent ones that you find here.

Now I admit that I "lurk" on Sari's Facebook (I refuse to get my own) but that is only because it is the only way to keep up with people since the blog abandonment noted above.

All of that is background to this: I was listening to the radio this morning and the Dj guy, Matt, says, "So I changed my marital status on Facebook from single to married and then I wrote in my status line, 'What a wild couple of days in Vegas that was!!!'" He went on to say that it took exactly 37 minutes for one of his friends to read and respond to this posting - he also mentioned that he was leaving it up there to see how long it took until his mother called him! :)

I thought that was funny - so here is the challenge: If you have Facebook - come up with the most outrageous thing you can think of for your status line - time how long it takes someone to respond to it - and then comment here and tell me. This will accomplish several things:

1. It will give me some interesting comments to read

2. It will be a good socialogical experiment (if you end up writing your Doctoral thesis based on this - I get 1/2....... whatever that means!)

3. It will mess with Facebook - maybe even bring the whole thing down because no one will trust it (Just like the guys in the States who have organized a group to vote for the worst American Idol singer to try and get the "worst to first")

So there you have it. That is your challenge (should you choose to accept it). Are you gusty enough to try it - or are you "yellow"? Let me know - either way! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"HATE" is a very strong word Tim!!! LOL