We had a very interesting Remembrance Day in that we had two visitors that we have never had before.........
1. Germans! Interestingly, this is the first time that our new German friends (who moved to our country just 2 months ago) have had time to come to visit us. The irony of this was not lost on me. It seems odd that, at one time, people like Jurgen and Pia would have been considered "the enemy" (of course - a different time, place and circumstance obviously). They are so nice and we had a really good time with them - not to mention a really good roast beef supper. When they were leaving, Jurgen told Sara that she was a good "cooking wife" - it was nice! :)
2. A Cougar! No, not some lady in her 50's who is out to get a younger man, but an actual live cougar!!! About 7 pm, Murphy started barking and barking at something. Then, a few minutes later, our neighbour from across the street called to say that she just saw a cougar in our next door neighbour's yard. It climbed one of the trees and then it came down and she lost sight of it. Had her scared to death! So, of course, (with Sari yelling at us) we had to go see if we could see it. I took a big flashlight shot it towards the frontyard....... and two things reflected light back - eyes I thought....... but it turned out to be just the reflectors on the neighbour kid's bike. :) Then as we were sitting in the living room visiting (Pia kept looking out the window every 5 minutes to see if she could see the cougar) Katie yells, "I just saw it! It jumped up in the tree again!!!" We did not believe her..... until we looked out and there was something in the tree for sure. I got the flashlight again and...... it was just a big cat..... a big kitty cat named "Lee" (belongs to one of the neighbours)- so I guess we were a little freaked out about it but it was exciting! :) Soon the cops came and talked to the neighbour lady, looked around a bit and left. It is not unusual for cougars to be seen in town - in the past few years a couple have come out of the valley and have been seen in town - but we have never had one in our yard until tonight though. Also until tonight, Sari has never before put leftover roast beef in my pockets and encouraged me to go for a late night walk with the dog........ odd! Maybe I should re-think that 1/2 million dollar life insurance policy that she talked me into. :)
Anyway, it was a really interesting night - in more ways that one. :)
PS. I have had a ton of requests (ok - just one) for pictures of the garage and how it is going. I put up outside lights today - so that is another step...... pictures of the lights, insulation, gas line, snowblower and many other exotic will be posted soon..... try to sleep tonight if you can - I know the excitement may be too much but........ :)
No comments:
Post a Comment