So we went to the Pro-life supper (see post below for details).... Being the MC went well - I even had one guy tell me, "You were like a white Chris Rock - without the swearing!"
Ok - actually no one said that - I said it to me, but that does not count does it? :)
So here is the real review.....
1. Get involved in something!!! I am even more convinced that it is worth getting out there and doing something with others. I came away from that supper encouraged, inspired and with a better opinion of the Pro-life group in Estevan. I saw some people I knew and I met a bunch of others who are doing good in our community that I did not know at all. It was well worth doing - so that was the "Up" part.
2. The down part...... I learned early on in our marriage that I should never take Sari to an auction sale (it is a genetic thing right Marilyn?????) Apparently, I should not take her to "silent auctions" either. I think that she was the "top buyer" at the silent auction tonight. She would like me to say that she was not "buying things" but "supporting Pro-life".... Uh huh! Right! Sari could find a way to shop in a prison cell ("Hey I'll give you $4 for that radar gun.... whadda say?????") :)
All in all it was a great night! I have to say too that I am really proud of the girls too - we were going to leave them at home but they wanted to go. Sat through the whole 3 hour thing without complaining at all. Way to go girls!!!
1 comment:
We went to the Radio telethon at church a few years ago, remember that?!? Lane was in Gr.1, and was just learning numbers. He went around the baking table, and wrote his name on many items, and outbid everyone! And no one was paying attention to him. I bought a cake for $38 and buns for $23 and cookies for $17. Seriously.
Rhonda.
Post a Comment