Monday, November 10, 2008

Sari is home... and I sort of have Gas (21 of 33)

The two things in the title are unrelated - but both sum up today.

Sari went to Minot with one of the teachers from the school - they went Christmas shopping. I am not sure how much stuff Melanie bought but if it was anything like the pile that Sari brought home..... I am not sure that there is anything left in Minot for the "Minotonians" to buy (Is that what people from Minot are called..... anyone who knows the real answer to "What do you call someone from Minot?" - a fake Million dollars to you). Actually, she did not buy a lot of stuff. She got some good things and had a fun day.

As for the gas.... at about 10 am (hang with me here - this is not a graphic story in any way) my plumber showed up with the gas line for my garage. He moved the gas meter outside a couple of weeks ago and I dug the trench but he did not have the line. We went out for Sunday lunch yesterday and who is in the restaurant but my plumber buddy - so I talked to him for a while but did not mention the gas line - but that must have shook his memory b/c he showed up today. Good thing he did too b/c the ground is already starting to freeze (I could not shovel the piles of dirt back into the trench today - too hard). The next few days are supposed to be in the plus range so I will get that filled in. No idea when the unit heater (furnace) is coming but that is ok - I have some insulating to do yet anyway.

PS. Related to the post below re. Michael Bishop - when the Riders released him today, does anyone know.... was he wearing the visor or not (just curious). :)

Actually - I find that sad. I was in Mike's corner - I wanted him to do well and I was impressed with him even before he become a Rider (Dude can throw the ball 80 yards - how can that not impress you) - but I guess, like they say, "It is a performance business" and when you do not perform..... it is sad all around. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very jealous on the Minot shopping thing....one of the major minusues of moving out here....being further away from Minot and of course one of my Minot shopping friends!

As for gas....... I am super excited today because I have new sewer lines and no longer have a smelly, disgusting 'gas' coming up through the house when I do laundry. Who knew that new sewer lines could make a woman this happy??!!??

I will have to document our basement project online, to try and compete with your garage documention project.....speaking of which- haven't seen a picture of that in a while??? Where's it all at???
'Nancy'