On to more important things: Here are some new pictures of garages, etc.........
First up - garage wall insulated waiting for vapor barrier.....
Next, ceiling - done and vapor barrier in place
Outside lights working - I just finished wiring them and putting up the fixtures yesterday, so this is the first night they have been on.....
A section of our new fence - the fence of compromises..... Sari wanted an 8 foot fence - I talked her down to 6 feet but I wanted spaces between the boards and she did not - so she won that battle.
And last but certainly not least...... my new snowblower!!!!! Given to me by Dwight Muller with an assist from Justin Mooney who told Dwight that I liked fixing old motors etc and would likely be interested in this machine....... I cannot wait for the snow. You can see in the picture that it is sitting amongst scraps of insulation.... just to give it that "sitting in the snow" look (Don't try blowing insulation through it though - it does not work so well! Also it is likely a good idea not to go up and down the back alley throwing rocks around either...... I just got it running and had to try it out somewhere right??????)
So there you have it! As to more important things: Katie got all of her serves in today in her volleyball game..... Megan got 90% on her Social Studies test (Canadian Geography)..... Sari still loves her job (she has still been getting up at like quarter to 7 in the morning - and she is happy about it!!!! That would tell any of you who know her how much she likes this job!) :) She is good at it too - just by the way. And me..... I am happy! "It is good" - as our German buddies say.PS. One last thing: You would not believe how funny it is to watch Sari giving a recipe to a German lady who is then trying to communicate that to a Ukrainian lady. Sari says something, then the German lady gets her husband to help translate that into German, he then asks the Ukrainian's lady's husband what the German word is in Ukrainian and then he finally tells his wife what to write down. Then the whole thing flows backwards (Ukrainian lady, husband, German husband, wife and then Sari) to make sure it was the right thing. Then they do the next ingredient. I don't know what the end result will taste like but it was funny to watch!!! :)
Oh - and we found a new international language: "Caramel" - it is the same word in all three languages (or at least they all understood that word first try). :)
1 comment:
my question is why did Sara want an 8 foot fence that no one can see thru- what exactly is she trying to hide???????????
Jenn
Post a Comment